Our school is located in the very heart of Berlin in the central district of Mitte and is housed in the historic AEG building in Ackerstraße, opposite Gartenplatz Square. The school is in a large impressive redbrick building. It dates back to 1885, and was one of the first factory buildings where the intention was to fulfil an aesthetic purpose as well as providing functionality. The façade features arches, columns and terracotta reliefs, whereas the large loft windows lend the building further charm.
The inner courtyard, accessed via a large main entrance, contains our schoolyard and playground. The sports halls are located within our campus, opening onto our schoolyard. The second wing of the building is occupied by the Institute for Biotechnology of the Technical University of Berlin, which conducts its research work there. A second and separate inner courtyard is attached to this wing.
Gartenplatz Square, where St. Sebastian’s Church is located, is directly opposite the building. St. Sebastian’s is the third oldest Catholic church in Berlin and is surrounded by a green area, a playground and trees. We make use of this valuable space when possible for play, relaxation or open-air teaching